Tuesday 9 June 2009

I may be turning into a grumpy old woman. When I pass a car left with its engine running outside our village shop - presumably so that the driver doesn't have to perform the tiring procedure of switching the engine off and then switching it on again - I have to fight the urge to reach in, take the keys and pocket them. When people drive past with thump thump music blaring so loudly they must surely complete their journeys with bleeding eardrums, I shout swearwords at them. And when people send me emails offering me more than one of something with an in appropriately placed apostrophe - ie prize's, I shriek 'Prize's what? This apostrophe denotes the possessive!'
On the plus side, don't people go on tv and get paid for talking about this kind of thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment